Error on install that is prohibiting BOE install
- Run installer
- See reboot state error
- If something else has been installed recently (e.g. driver or client tool) then
Shut down installer
- You reboot the server
- Start the installer
- If you continue receiving the same message and the installation cannot continue
If you are still in the installer and there is a retry and you have rebooted or know nothing else has been installed recently then you can skip the shut down of the installer and follow the registry steps below and then click retry. Else shut down the installer and follow steps below
In order to resolve this issue follow the below steps.
- Click Start > Run. The Run Dialogue box appears.
- Type “regedit” in the Open field. Click OK. The Registry Editor appears.
- Navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
- Double click on the PendingFileRenameOperations
- Delete the content of this value
- Click OK > Yes > OK
- Launch the installer, no reboot is required