Check for Ports Open Between Servers
Modified on: Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:51 AM
- Open Windows Start Menu
- In the Search for Programs and Files field, type CMD to open command window
- Test by typing telnet servername port
- If you receive message that telnet is not a recognized as an internal or external command, follow these steps:
- Start powershell as an administrator and type Add-WindowsFeature telnet-client (Windows server 2012)
- Else pkgmgr /iui"telnetCleint" (windows 2008)
- Else control panel - windows features
- If you get a blank window with a blinking cursor on top left then the connection was made
Control-C should break it out
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.